2. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small simple file that is sent along with pages of this website and stored by your browser on the hard drive of your computer or another device. The information stored therein may be returned to our servers or to the servers of the relevant third parties during a subsequent visit.
3. What is a script?
A script is a piece of program code that is used to make our website function properly and interactively. This code is executed on our server or on your device.
4. What is a web-beacon?
A web beacon (or a pixel tag) is a small, invisible piece of text or image on a website that is used to monitor traffic on a website. In order to do this, various data about you is stored using web beacons.
5.1 Technical or functional cookies
5.2 Statistic cookies
These cookies ensure the proper functioning of the Website, and that your user preferences are stored. By placing functional cookies, we make it easier for you to visit our website. This way, you do not need to repeatedly enter the same information when visiting our website (language preferences for example). We may place these cookies without your consent.
We use statistics cookies to optimize the website experience for our users. With these statistics cookies we get insights in the usage of our website. We ask your permission to place statistics cookies. These cookies allow us to gather information on page traffic (number of visits, visitor activity, frequency of return), how you navigate our Website and the performance of the Website. The use of these cookies by our Website is based on your consent.
5.3 Advertising cookies
Advertising cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to your interests and preferences based on your browsing behavior and online activities. These cookies collect information about your interactions with our website and other websites, allowing us and our trusted third-party partners to display targeted advertisements that are more likely to be of interest to you.
5.4 Marketing cookies
Marketing/Tracking cookies are cookies or any other form of local storage, used to create user profiles to display advertising or to track the user on this website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes. The use of these cookies by our Website is based on your consent.
5.5 Social media
Social media cookies are used to enable you to share content from our website on various social media platforms, as well as to allow you to interact and engage with our social media pages directly from our website. These cookies are set by the social media platforms through the social media sharing buttons and plugins integrated into our website. These elements allow social networks/websites to track the user's browsing habits, provided that the user is connected to his/her social network on the browser.
How the information linked to these elements is used is solely defined by the social network/website of which you are a member, and we have no control over this. We invite you to consult the privacy policies of these social networks/websites for more information on the use of the data collected during your browsing and on how to modify your account privacy settings.
6. COOKIES USED
| Type of cookies
|| Google Analytics
|| Gather information on page traffic (number of visits, visitor activity, frequency of return), how you navigate our Website and the performance of the Website, and generate statistical data.
|| Facebook Pixel
|| Identify Facebook users, track their actions on the website, and analyze conversions
|| Facebook conversion tracking
|| Analyze our Facebook ads performances by following users actions on the Website to identify if they make purchases or any other action relating to the website they’re navigating.
7. CONSENT MANAGEMENT
8. Enabling/disabling and deleting cookies
There are different ways for you to manage cookies:
- directly from the cookie pop-up that appear when you first visit the Website
- from your browser settings
Please note that if you disable or delete certain cookies, some features of our website may not function optimally, and your browsing experience may be impacted. Below are instructions on how to manage cookies for the most common web browsers:
- Google Chrome: menu > “settings” > in the left side bar, select “privacy and security” > click on “cookies and other site data” > select "Block all cookies" or enable "Block third-party cookies" if you prefer to only allow cookies from the websites you directly visit.
- Firefox: menu > “options” (or “preferences” for macOS) > in the left side bar, select “privacy and security” > Cookie settings are under Enhanced Tracking Protection and Cookies and Site Data.
- Internet Explorer: menu > internet options > select the privacy tab, and under Settings, select Advanced > select “ignore automatic cookies management”, then select “refuse” in the “third-parties cookies” section.
You can use your web browser to delete cookies automatically or manually. You can also specify that some cookies cannot be placed. Another option is to modify your web browser settings in order to receive a message every time a cookie is placed on your device. For more information, visit the Help section of your browser.
9. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right of access, rectification, limitation, deletion, portability and objection of your personal data at any time.
- Right of access: the right to obtain a copy of your personal data
- Right to rectification: the right to request rectification of any errors in your data
- Right to erasure: the right to request that your personal data be deleted.
- Right to restrict processing: the right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example if you dispute the accuracy of the data.
- Right to data portability: the right to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or to transmit this data to a third party, in certain situations.
- Right to object: the right to object to the further processing of your personal data (if applicable).
- by e-mail: email@example.com
- by mail to the following address: Data Protection Officer - Service Juridique - "BORA BORA PEARL BEACH RESORT" S.A. - BP 3034 - 98713 PAPEETE - TAHITI - FRENCH POLYNESIA.
You may be asked to provide certain information (such as a copy of a legally valid identity card) for identification purposes in order to process your request and protect you against fraudulent requests.
In the event of an unsatisfactory response, you may file a complaint with the French Supervisory Authority (the CNIL https://www.cnil.fr/fr/plaintes).
10. LAST UPDATED JULY 25, 2023